Monday, August 3, 2009

Day One In the Beginning...

On Day One of this Blog, I'm not going to start with Genesis, the Bible version, but my own genesis and the reason why I'm starting this Blog.

I was raised Evangelical in the Assemblies of God and am now, 41 years of age. For some time now I've been struggling with the message and face of the Christian Church. I've prayed and thought, thought and prayed and was recently sent an random email from a church I've never attended (My children had though) and the message in it was that the only way we can know God's true message is to read his word. Forget what the church tells us. Forget what your family tells you. Forget what your political leaders are telling you and listen the the Word of God then decide for yourself.

That is what I intend to do. Starting today. I will read as close to daily as possible, one, two or more verses per day. I'll start In The Beginning..Of course and discuss them here. It might not be exciting. It might not be much of anything on most days but if you want to, pick up your Bible, I'm using a King James version and let's discuss. We'll stop the day we've read the last verse and then the real journey will begin......

See you tomorrow.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment